The best wines and restaurants of Puglia. The two 2014 guides published by Tirsomedia have been issued: “VinidiPuglia”, on its editorial debut, and “La Puglia
From 17 October to 22 November 2020, the Riesling Days were held in Naturno (South Tyrol), the official results of which were announced on 14 July 2021, a day dedicated to the awarding of the best 2019 Riesling.
What has been staged is the sixteenth edition of an event entirely dedicated to the "queen of white grapes", Riesling, one of the most prestigious grape varieties in the world, capable of best expressing the character of the "terroir" in which it grows, without never betray his strong personality.
The jury of the fifteenth national competition was composed of 22 members, of which 8 renowned winemakers (3 local and 5 extra-provincial) 3 professional sommeliers, 10 experts / winemakers and 1 journalist of the sector. The participating wines were 64, 31 of which came from Alto Adige while the other 30 from different Italian provinces, starting from Trento to reach Chieti.
The final ranking, which was presented yesterday 14 July, sees the Riesling DOC Alto Adige Valle Isarco by Weingut Strasserhof climb on the highest step of the podium, in second place the Mon 1840 Riesling DOC Alto Adige of the Girlan winery and with the bronze medal the Langhe DOC Riesling of Massolino.
These are the winners:
1. Weingut Strasserhof - Riesling DOC Alto Adige Valle Isarco
2. Kellerei Girlan - H. Mon 1840 Riesling DOC Alto Adige
3. Massolino - Langhe DOC Riesling
3. Kuenhof - Kaiton Riesling DOC Alto Adige Valle Isarco
5. Elena Walch - Riesling Vigna Castel Ringberg DOC Alto Adige
6. Kellerei Nals Magreid - Pitzon Riesling DOC Alto Adige
6. Weingut Unterortl - Castel Juval Riesling DOC Val Venosta South Tyrol
6. Eisacktaler Kellerei - Aristos Riesling DOC Alto Adige Valle Isarco
9. Az. Agr. Concarena - Videt IGT Valcamonica Bianco
10. Edmund Mach Foundation - Riesling Trentino DOC Monastery
11. Landesweingut Laimburg - Riesling DOC Alto Adige
12. Soc. Agr. Jermann - Afix IGT Venezia Giulia
The choice to celebrate this event in Naturno lies in the fact that Val Venosta is one of the most suitable areas in South Tyrol for the cultivation of this variety, an area in which there are perfect pedoclimatic conditions to produce Riesling of the highest quality.
No comments on THE WINNERS OF THE 15TH EDITION OF THE NATIONAL RIESLING COMPETITION, THE QUEEN OF WHITE GRAPES, PRESENTED IN NATURNO have been written yet. Be the first to comment onTHE WINNERS OF THE 15TH EDITION OF THE NATIONAL RIESLING COMPETITION, THE QUEEN OF WHITE GRAPES, PRESENTED IN NATURNO