Approved the new Canelli docg, modified the specifications of the Freisa d'Asti, Barbera d'Alba, Gavi and Asti appellations
Approved the new Canelli docg, modified the specifications of the Freisa d'Asti, Barbera d'Alba, Gavi and Asti appellations


Approved the new Canelli docg, modified the specifications of the Freisa d'Asti, Barbera d'Alba, Gavi and Asti appellations

The National Wine Committee, held on Wednesday 12 May, approved important measures affecting some designations of origin produced in Piedmont.

Confagricoltura Piemonte

" We express particular satisfaction - declares Enrico Allasia, president of Confagricoltura Piemonte - for the approval of the request for recognition of the new controlled and guaranteed denomination of origin Canelli: we are sure that this legitimacy will offer new stimuli for qualitative improvement to a group of producers. in constant growth, strongly committed to the enhancement of the territorial identity of the main product of the Moscato hills ". The new name derives from the Canelli sub-area of the Asti DOCG. The Canelli docg wine will be obtained from vines cultivated with the white Moscato grape only in the municipalities of Bubbio, Calamandrana, Calosso, Canelli, Cassinasco, Castagnole Lanze, Coazzolo, Costigliole d'Asti, San Marzano Oliveto, Moasca and Loazzolo in the province of Asti and in the municipalities of Camo, Castiglione Tinella, Cossano Belbo, Mango, Neive, Neviglie and Santo Stefano Belbo in the province of Cuneo .

The production regulations of the Freisa d'Asti and Barbera d'Alba docg and the Gavi and Asti docg have also been modified - Confagricoltura informs. Here are the main news.

Freisa d'Asti: among the main changes the ampelographic base has been modified, providing the Freisa grape for at least 90%; in the remaining 10% all black grape varieties will be allowed, excluding aromatic ones, suitable for cultivation in the Piedmont region.

Barbera d'Alba : the change concerns the recognition of the Castellinaldo sub-area.

Gavi or Cortese di Gavi docg : the expansion of the processing area for the sparkling and sparkling wines in the Province of Alessandria, Asti and Cuneo was approved and the duration of the stay on the lees of the batch destined for Gavi sparkling wine was specified in a minimum of 6 months for the charmat method and at least 9 months for the classic method.

Asti docg: the trademark of the denomination will be inserted in the replacement band of the State marks.

© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA




COMMENTS

TO POST A COMMENT YOU MUST BE REGISTERED


No comments on Approved the new Canelli docg, modified the specifications of the Freisa d'Asti, Barbera d'Alba, Gavi and Asti appellations have been written yet. Be the first to comment onApproved the new Canelli docg, modified the specifications of the Freisa d'Asti, Barbera d'Alba, Gavi and Asti appellations





Condividi:
Approved the new Canelli docg, modified the specifications of the Freisa d'Asti, Barbera d'Alba, Gavi and Asti appellations

Editor: